Text: John 12:1-8
-A true mark of a transformed disciple of Jesus Christ is ___________
-Someone describes passionate spirituality as: “living ____________
_______________ and practicing ones faith with joy and enthusiasm.”
(Natural Church Development) How do we know if a church has this passionate spirituality?
· A church that has passionate spirituality is ____________ for God.
· A church that has passionate spirituality is _______________; everyone is catching it.
· Church decisions are made by the ______________ they have about their Lord.
· Those passionate about their spirituality will discover _______________ in fresh relationships with God.
· Passionate spirituality will produce the______________ of Christ.
· Passionate spirituality results in deeds of_______ and ____________.
A PASSIONATE CHRIST-FOLLOWER WILL….
1. GIVE ____________AND ___________________________
-All passionate Christ-followers will give generously to Christ and his Kingdom. II Corinthians 8:1-9; II Corinthians 9:6
2. WORSHIP GOD_________________________________
-Worship to God is not only what we do on Sunday morning by attending and participating in a service. Worship to God must be a life-style throughout the week.
-Our worship to God, every moment and every day, wherever we are, becomes a sweet fragrance to others.
John 4:24; Isaiah 29:13
3. SHOW _____________________ TO GOD
-A passionate Christ-follower must be fully devoted to God.-We never do things for God to earn his favor. – Ephesians 2:8-10
-Where is our devotion to God level?
-We also see in this story the greedy heart of Judas. His heart was not right with God.
-Sometimes in the moment of greatest joy and worship someone can bring a negative outlook or comment that deflates the joy of the moment.
-We must always guard our heart that we don’t respond like Judas.
-As we continue to move forward in 2017, Mary serves as a wonderful example of a passionate Christ-follower:
1) Are we willing to give freely and sacrificially to God’s work? (Our money, time, encouragement, our lives) Is there any greed in our heart that holds us back from giving?
2) Do we worship God wholeheartedly? Has worship become a routine exercise or duty in which we find no joy?
3) Do we show our devotion to God in actions and not only words? What acts of devotion would God be calling us to in the days ahead?
Sermon by Bishop Henry Buckwalter, May 7, 2017 – Faith Christian Church